Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love is more powerful than death

It was 2am last year, I can't sleep. I don't know why but I tried everything from drinking milk up to watching tv. Nothing really worked so I just decided to watch tv. At around 3:19 am it started to rain really hard and at around 4am I saw on ABS-CBN a flash report that the Aquino's have an announcement. I became worried that Tita Cory had passed away already. So I waited for it until around 4:30. Noynoy announced that his mother peacefully passed away at around 3:19 am due to cardio respiratory attack. During the whole day, the sun didn't came up. It seems that the heavens is mourning with us. Every time Tita Cory's coffin is taken out, the rain would stop and when she enters a building, the rain would start. But come to think of it, her passing is more than that. More than those miracle- like things but a more profound miracle was seen. her passing reunited our broken country into one. Last year, our society was broken and torn into pieces due to the corrupt system of our government. Also, her passing has dramatically changed the political landscape of our country. If she didn't die, Noynoy wouldn't be our president.

I think after one year, her passing has made more positive effects rather than the negative effects. THANK YOU TITA CORY. WE WON'T FORGET YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment